- May 20th, 2015
- 0 Comments
Allegheny County Bridge Projects
Bridges to be Replaced as Part of Public-Private Partnership Project
(Pittsburgh) – Reconstruction of state highway bridges under the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) public-private partnership to replace 558 bridges all across the state.
Upcoming work will replace about a dozen bridges in Allegheny County this year, including:
- Gibsonia Road over Deer Creek
- Guy’s Run Road over Guy’s Run
- Saxonburg Blvd over Little Pine Creek (Three separate structures)
- Lafever Hill Road over Little Deer Creek
- Bakerstown Road over Lardintown Run
- Bull Creek Road over Bull Creek
- Monongahela Road over Perry Mill Run
- Streets Run Road over Streets Run
- Center Street over Long Run
- Piney Fork Road over Piney Fork Creek
- Pine Creek Road over Little Pine Creek
The bridge replacements are part of the Rapid Bridge Replacement Project, a Public-Private Partnership (P3) between PennDOT and Plenary Walsh Keystone Partners (PWKP) under which PWKP will finance, design, replace and maintain the bridges for 25 years, while PennDOT will maintain ownership. The P3 approach will allow PennDOT to replace the bridges more quickly while achieving significant savings and minimizing impact on motorists.
To see the bridges included in the statewide initiative and to learn more about the Rapid Bridge Replacement Project and P3 in Pennsylvania, visit www.P3forPA.pa.gov. Additional information on the project, the team and how to bid on the project can be found at www.PARapidBridges.com.